This is a small personal collection of rare and historic aviation memorabilia from 1938 through 1961. Items are listed as follows:
1) Aero-Mar Aviation Protractor and Position Finder, with the leather case and "Description & Comments" manual dated July 13, 1938. The last page of the manual is very brittle, crumbling and in 3 separate pieces as shown in pictures.
2) Wright Cruising Power Calculator for the Wright Cyclone, dated 01-20-37.
3) Pratt and Whitney Cruising Power Calculator for the Twin Wasp, dated 04-05-45.
4) Laminated DC-6 Operating Manual pocket chart. Front is dated 11-26-52, titled section 4, page 11 and includes DC-6B Climb and Manifold Pressure Chart. Reverse is dated 01-02-53, titled DC-6B Standard Cruise, and includes 1 BMEP Drop and Manifold Pressure Chart.
5) Laminated DC-7 Operating Manual Pocket Chart. Front is dated 02-17-56 and is titled DC-7 Level Flight Speed Standard Cruise Power. Reverse is dated 04-22-57, titled DC-7, and includes Standard Climb and Standard Cruise.
6) Laminated DC-6B Operating Manual Pocket Chart. Front is dated 06-01-58, titled DC-6B, and includes Climb and Manifold Pressure Chart. Reverse is not dated, titled DC-6B Standard Cruise, and includes 12 BMEP Drop and Manifold Pressure Chart.
7) Laminated DC-7 and DC-7BF Operating Manual Pocket Chart. Front is dated 04-25-61, titled DC-7, and includes Standard Climb and Standard Cruise. Reverse is dated 04-25-61, titled DC-7BF, and includes Standard Climb and Standard Cruise.
8) Identical copy of item number 7.
9) Vintage pencil compass marked "PAT APPLD".
10) Vintage pointer marked 'POINTER BY PARKER" and "Japan".
All of the pocket charts above have a small American Airlines logo in one or both top corners, and are heavily laminated with stiff plastic, similar to a drivers license.
I have provided pictures that show a better description of items, but feel free to ask me if you have any questions!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers