compensation: $25 + you can win more money by playing the game in the app app (please read the description for further details)
QR Code Link to This Post
My name is Andrew. I am making a brand new mobile app called 'Weight Wager'. This app is not out yet but I hope to launch it later this summer and it is nearly complete. I am looking for about 20-30 mobile testers install the app and play the game in mid-May.
What is Weight Wager?
Weight Wager is the First Live, National, Smart-Scale Weight Loss Game Show.
Imagine, each morning, thousands of American weight loss competitors stepping onto their wireless smart-scales as they sync their weight loss data into a national, real-time Weight Loss Leader-board.
Users who lose weight weekly, win a cash prize share between $10 - $250. Users who gain weight weekly, pay those cash prizes. The prize announcements are hosted as a 'Money Monday' party weekly via an in-app live video-cast from a group of witty, entertaining, and inspirational Weight Loss, Fitness and Nutrition Coaches.
Here is the website for the app to give you more of a feel, if you want to be a mobile tester and do the game!
Who I am looking for in YOU to test the app (minimum qualifications to participate):
1. Do you live in the United States? Are you a U.S. Citizen? What City and State? Do you have a piece of mail that you can prove that you can take a quick picture of to prove that you live in the U.S.? (not necessary to send now).
2. Are you pregnant or anticipate being pregnant during the game? (We do not allow anyone who is pregnant to participate in Weight Wager - to ensure proper health for the baby).
3. What is your age?
4. Do you own either an Android phone or an iPhone? If so, what exact Model is it? (iphone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9 etc) It is very important that you answer this question in detail as this is a mobile app and I need to know how it will work on your phone in advance...). Each phone works differently and is a factor in usability and experience.
4. Are you trying to lose weight at all? If so, how many pounds? Approximate.
5. Do you own a normal scale or a smart-scale? If a smart scale, can you specify the brand of the smart-scale?
6. Do you have a Paypal account? If you do not, you would have to sign up to Paypal to participate (this is how you get paid when you go down in weight OR pay when you go up in weight)...
7. Could you use the app daily and weigh in - inside the app for 28 days straight? And especially on Mondays ('Money Mondays' are the days that your weigh in counts for money. Either you win money on Mondays or you have to pay out money on Mondays (if you went up in weight from week to week)...
8. Are you willing to bet $10 per week for 4 weeks? If you go up in weight – the app will charge your paypal account that every Monday. If you go down in weight, you pay nothing and win a share of money from the other players in the game, who went up on Monday and paid.
9. Are you willing to fill out a 25 question survey about Weight Wager and all of the signup screens, marketing screens, onboarding screens and weigh in screens? We will provide the questions - we need to know about your experience with the usability (ease of using the app or not easy to use) and the features (did you understand how to use the app - were there features that could be improved? Were there errors or features that literally did not work etc).
10. What is your direct email address and full name?
(once you provide this – I will contact you for when the game will start – it is estimated that it will launch in mid-May but that date could delay as the app is still in development… The game would run from May 13th to June 10th (4 weeks...).
11. Will you be traveling from mid-May to mid-June and cannot weigh in on the same scale as at home?
Please respond with all 10 answers and/or let me know if you have any questions.