compensation: Depends on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Home & Architectural Designer / Drafter (Remote)
compensation: Depends on experience
employment type: full-time
Home & Architectural Designer / Drafter
Position Summary – Remote – Please EMAIL a bullet point list of your skills, qualifications, and experience.
Walston Timber Frame is seeking a dedicated, passionate team member with strong individual design and problem-solving skills in relation to Heavy Timber Structures and Residential Architectural Design. This position creates, collaborates, and reviews custom structures such as Wedding Venues, small commercial projects, residential, Custom Homes or timber frame barn themed structures.
Daily responsibilities include creating Schematic Designs and Construction Documents utilizing Revit/Lumion/AutoCad/Adobe Creative Suite & Other Softwares, reviewing plans and or projects, collaborating with Sales and Operations team and communicate with clients, architects and engineers.
We encourage all prospective applicants to visit Walstontimberframe.com
• Modeling, drafting and detailing architectural designs through Schematic Design and Construction Documents using BIM software
• Self-directed experience with all phases of the architectural process, including: space planning and programming, schematic design, code research, permitting processes, design, drafting, project documentation and construction administration. Work in conjunction with client, Sales and Operations teams during the preliminary design phase of each project
• Understanding of how buildings are constructed, construction sciences, Timber frame and/or construction experience
• Organizational, multitasking and leadership skills
• Create, improve and follow systems and processes for all company operations
• Work hand in hand with the construction management team as well as sales team to meet all parties needs to satisfy the client’s expectations and achieve a smooth build for the contractor.
• Knowledge of materials, code, construction methods, and industry standards desired
• Professional License Desirable
• Complying with office drafting standards
• Code research and implementation on projects
• Work with city officials & planners for project guidance
• 3-5 years of design and documentation of architectural plans and details of residential and commercial projects in a professional setting
• Preference - Bachelor's degree or higher in related fields
• Must Have Proficiency with Revit
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft software
Attributes we look for
• Detail oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• People person: ability to deal with architects with egos, clients that can get passionate or emotional about their dream project, and subcontractors that can have bad attitudes or bad days.
• Great problem solver
• Ability to delegate
• Values teamwork with coworkers and with all project team members.
• Proactive, strategic thinker that can get ahead of project and problems before they arise.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. If you want to be part of an incredibly exciting company primed for explosive growth - apply today.
Walston Timber Frame is a nationwide general contracting firm specializing in the design and construction of one-of-a-kind, heavy timber structures. Headquartered just outside Springfield Missouri, our experienced teams work throughout the country building beautiful custom homes, event venues, wineries, equestrian facilities, clubhouses and other types of commercial buildings.
Our core values: PASSION, QUALITY, INNOVATION, FAMILY
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers