compensation: $75 per route per day, flat rate, takes just under four hours after the first two days. Folding papers pays extra.
QR Code Link to This Post
Newspaper delivery Wednesday and Saturday mornings 5 am
Accuracy - delivering to the correct houses- is very important.
The work throwing newspapers out of your car window onto the yards of houses. The deliveries remain 99% the same each week. Sometimes a customer goes on vacation or returns.
You must have good email and texting through a working, charged, reliable cell phone.
Immediate replies during delivery time until noon is required in case I have a question about the delivery.
Delivery accuracy to the correct addresses is very important as well as dependability.
If you want a vacation / day off within the first four months, or if you need to take off major holidays, this would not be a good match.
Have your own reliable vehicle and a back up vehicle. Have a valid drivers license and insurance.
Payment is by check or PayPal within 48 hours. $75 flat rate per day.
Each route takes just under 4 hours, but the first day will take about 8 hours and the second day will take about 6 hours. The first two days take longer because you don't know the route and will make some wrong turns, it takes time to figure that out and get back on the right track. That's normal the first day, less likely the second day.
If you finish early, you are done and get paid the full amount.
Before you get the route, we need you to try a one hour test route. We will check the small test area to see if you did the deliveries correctly.
For your route, you have a set number of papers to throw to yards and you are done when you finish.
You must be accurate, meaning, you must throw the papers to the correct yards based on your list / addresses.
The list has directions which way to turn and which houses to throw.
You are an independent contractor, no taxes are deducted from your compensation.
Please copy and paste and reply to these questions:
1. What kind of vehicle do you have and the year? (Example, "4 door Impala, 2011")
2. What kind of vehicle is your back-up vehicle? (must have a back up vehicle)
3. Do you own both vehicles? (some have a relative's vehicle on call if needed)
4. In what city do you live?
5. To help me match the best delivery area for you, what is a major intersection near your home? (Do not give an exact address, just give two major streets that intersect nearby and the name of the city.)
6. Do you have a reliable cell phone that can make and receive e-mails and texts?
7. Are you good at keeping your cell phone charged and replying during the delivery time? (I expect a reply within 10 to 20 minutes during delivery time.)
8. Do you have any experience in newspaper delivery (which company?)
Note: Experience is *not* required.
9. How long would you like to keep the route if you like it? (until the end of the semester or indefinitely?)
10. Do you have proof of insurance in your name? (do not include in your email.)
11. Have you ever won a game of tennis or ping pong? Can you bounce a basketball? Can you catch and throw a tennis ball?
12. Do you have another job or school or any other obligation in the afternoon after you finish your route? If yes, what time do you need to be finished with your route so that you can attend to your other responsibilities?
First day test route is a thirty minute delivery.
Please reply to:
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers