compensation: Depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
AV Property Management is looking for a Lead Maintenance to be responsible for the overall maintenance of the property, under the direction of the Community Manager. The lead maintenance is also responsible for performing repairs in resident apartments and assists in preparing units for rent (make-ready). Taking trips to pick up supplies if needed.
• Service requests made by residents should be completed within 48-72 hours.
• Perform HVAC repairs as needed.
• Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
• Perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing, fitting, etc.
• Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, locks, bulbs, etc.
• Paint interior and exterior, when necessary.
• Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows replacing, and building shelves, sanding, and refinishing floors.
• Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc. in common areas.
• Assist in grounds work when necessary, including picking up litter and “trashing out” vacancies.
• Maintain pool chemical levels and cleanliness.
• Repair concrete, masonry, roof, fencing, when required.
• Be responsible for refurbishing of apartments prior to resident occupancy (make-ready).
• Conduct exterior and interior preventive maintenance, as outlined by property or regional manager.
• Periodically inspect all units, buildings, common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed.
• Assist in apartment move-in and move-out inspections.
• Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cutoffs, all apartment and fixture cutoffs, sewer clean-outs, and post maps.
• Immediately report to manager any dangerous conditions or issues of liability.
• Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, pool chemicals levels, work orders, apartment make-ready, inventories, and purchase orders.
• Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
• Order supplies and communicate with vendors if needed usually manager handles vendors.
• Be responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials.
• Make sure shops, storage areas, and entrances are kept clean and locked, that adequate lighting and ventilation in those areas is maintained and hazardous materials are properly stored and labeled.
• Train and supervise subordinate employees.
• Schedule subordinate maintenance personnel and work order requests; adhere to maintenance priorities.
• Handle “on-call” duties whenever needed.
• Participate in standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage. Rotation is on a weekly basis.
Assist in preparing the property for various inspections.
• Minimum 2 years of full-time experience in apartment maintenance or a trade that requires basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting and HVAC.
• EPA (refrigerant, transition, and recovery certification).
•Works well as a member of a group
•Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest in their job
•Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well & on time
•Ability to Make an Impact
•Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project & the organization
• Technical Certification EPA
Please email your resume and we will contact you for an interview. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers