Reporting to a General Manager, the Retail Property Manager will manage the daily activities of the retail component of the mixed-use project known as Legacy West, which is comprised of 318,838 SF, with 60 tenants, and 11 potential new tenants within the next 6 months.
The candidate for this position is a fiduciary of the property owner, to whom the owner’s financial and material assets are entrusted, and who manages those assets in good faith, with loyalty and prudence.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops and implements the approved strategic plan for the retail portion of the mixed-use project. Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are consistent with the Company’s overall objectives.
· Ensure compliance with codes, regulations and governmental agency directives.
· Assure optimal functioning of building life safety and security.
· Authorize vendor contracts.
· Perform various personnel functions including staffing and employee development.
· Complete semi-annual and annual performance reviews and regularly communicate employee performance expectations and achievement for all property management team members.
· Coordinate insurance procurement, electricity procurement, and real estate tax review processes for property.
· Monitor tenant lease expirations and work with leasing team to maximize tenant retention.
· Oversees the ten-year capital planning in conjunction with the General Manager.
· Preparation of operating and capital budgets as well as operating expense reconciliations, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and leasing activity reports. Ensures that all reports are reviewed and approved by the General Manager.
· Conducts formal site inspections at least monthly in compliance with established standard operating policies and procedures.
· Monitors and enforces the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases. Responsibilities include all aspects of lease administration including critical date master scheduling, lease notification, and renewal notices.
· Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and emergency operations manual.
· Has primary responsibility for controlling the procurement and expenditure processing.
· Ensures adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance reporting, forecast cash flow of property, review real estate tax assessments and file required municipal reports.
· Ensures regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability. May be responsible for collecting tenant and vendor certificates of insurance and maintaining compliance.
· Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships at all times with tenants and occupants. Ensures that all services and needs are met and in compliance with leases and agreements. Conducts periodic visits, inspections, and surveys and develops and implements effective tenant retention programs.
· Keeps current of all developments in the commercial real estate market affecting current or potential value of assets.
· Oversees completion of tenant and capital improvements consistent with local codes and in compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure owner and tenant acceptance, timely completion, occupancy, and rent commencement.
· Familiar with valet and parking programs
· Hires, trains, and supervises (directly and indirectly) a qualified team of the building, administrative, maintenance, and engineering, for the property to promote efficient and cost-effective operation.
· Will take on additional tasks to support the General Manager as required.
· Demonstrates a strong real estate financial acumen.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree with CPM/CCIM/RPA designation desired.
· Must be willing to obtain a real estate license within the first 180 days of being hired.
· Kardin and Yardi experience is desired.
· 5 years’ experience directly supervising and/or managing third parties and staff for retail, including experience in planning and assigning work, performance assessments, training, hiring, discipline, and development.
· 7-10 years working in real estate with property management. Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in commercial real estate, financial reporting and budgeting.
· Hands-on experience with tenant improvement construction projects preferred. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints.
· Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
· Highly organized and skilled with time management.