QR Code Link to This Post
The OpenText Solution Architect will play an important role in the architecture, design, development & support of next generation applications built on the OpenText platform. The OpenText Solution Architect will be part of the Architecture ECM team, and will work closely with other architecture organizations, ECM functional and technical resources, and our business customers to address content requirements across the enterprise. The OpenText Solution Architect should be an experienced IT professional who has worked in large-scale and complex business and technical environments, in particular experienced in managing complex structured and unstructured content solutions or initiatives. The role requires a combination of technical depth, excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication (both written and verbal) skills and excellent skills in managing customer relationships.
- Helps define the technical vision, strategy and plan for modeling the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) to enable the development of high value, content management solutions aligned with business needs.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Business Partners on requirements and solution design.
- Design and code based on development standards and approaches.
- Perform development quality checks.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced developers.
- Design and develop new applications, forms, reports, workflows leveraging different Open Text products in the landscape.
- Assist with functional acceptance testing as needed.
- Assist with code build and deployment process.
- Manages, maintains, and enhances structured and unstructured content processes and applications from business and technical perspective.
- Monitors and collects data on system behaviors and performances within structured and unstructured content processes and applications for continuous improvement.
- Provides technical expertise and counsel to functional domain leads, management, other organizations and project team members. Provides the point of view in interactions with third parties.
- Coordinate communications, issue resolution, implementation and testing plans, training plans and successful transition to support and maintenance teams of architecture and operations activities.
- Responsible for guiding and reviewing the development of solutions specified in technical design.
- Provide Level 3 production support, involving relevant product teams where applicable.
- Reviews, validates, and provides guidance on estimates based on complexity, risk, and effort for proposed technical changes on related ECM platforms to aid in planning and managing of projects.
- Contribute, understand and adhere to Application Development processes, software development standards, and technical approaches relevant to assigned technology.
- Provide after hours support as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership team Understands and works within corporate IT governance policies.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Information Services or related field is required.
- 10+ years of overall IT work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on OpenText Content Server/Livelink and other related OpenText products.
- Experience working with SAP module integrations with OpenText.
- Strong development experience on the OpenText Content Server platform (using Content Server Web Services, REST APIs, OScript) preferably with 10.5/16 versions.
- Data migration exposure from other ECM systems to OpenText using migration tools (InfoFusion OTIC, OpenText Object Importer etc.).
- Experience working with Workflows, CS Widgets, Workspaces, Connected Workspaces, Web Reports, Web Forms, Templates in Livelink/Content Server.
- Java or .NET development experience with good knowledge of Object oriented programming concepts and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Understanding of the overall ECM processes and concepts (Capture, Manage, Store, Preserve, Deliver).
- Experience working with other OpenText products like Archive Server, OTDS, Enterprise Scan, Enterprise Connect, Document Pipeline, Rendition Server, Capture Center, InfoFusion, OTMM, EPS, Process Suite, Output Center is preferred.
- Experience with other ECM solutions like Documentum, Hyland, etc. is preferred.
- Knowledge of software development standards and best practice approaches.
- Exposure to Agile development methodology.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug in assigned technology.
- Ability to understand and follow department data metrics requirements (such as time recording and project tracking).
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future?