We are looking for Database Administrator to install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for implementing and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
QR Code Link to This Post
Pay: 32-35K DOE
• Reports directly to the Director of IT Operations.
• Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
• Mac OS X, Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (All applications), and NetSUITE (Oracle
• Design and implement a database in accordance to end users information needs and views
• Prioritize and respond to service desk requests in accordance with company procedure
• Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in the appropriate format, and promptly
• Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
• Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
• Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
• Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures, and standards
• Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity
• Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven working experience as a Database administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
• Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
• Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, SQL, Netsuite, and Excel
• Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
• Familiarity with programming languages
• Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
• BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Please come in to fill out an application.
We take applications Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 11am or from 1:30pm – 3pm.
Do not forget to bring form(s) of valid I.D.
5435 N. Garland Ave. Ste 110
Garland TX, 75040