compensation: Based on Experience TBD employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Level I/II Technician
We are a rapidly growing IT service company based in Dallas. We currently have an immediate opening for a full-time network technician. We provide remote and on-site support for our customer base in the surrounding DFW area.
The desired candidate must have a intermediate technical background, customer service skills and most importantly be able to multitask. The individual must also have the capability to make sound judgment decisions and communicate effectively.
Responsibilities/Roles will include the following:
• Must have good follow up communication both in writing and on the phone.
• Ability to document all activities in our ticketing system.
• Join endpoints to a domain and configure user profile with all necessary items.
• Install/Configure/Support the following:
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Network Printers, Outlook/Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office Applications, Antivirus/Anti-malware Software, Internet Troubleshooting, Wireless Devices, and Mobile Handheld Devices.
• Active Directory account creation/deletion and modifying permissions.
• 24 hour on-call is required for this position including weekends if necessary.
• Position reports to the Operations Manager.
• This technician may work under the guidance of more senior level staff or managers and perform other duties as required.
• Must test and complete all tasks thoroughly before closing service requests.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays for special projects.
• Establish and maintain communication with clients and/or team members; understand needs, resolve issues, and meet expectations.
• Must be able to become familiar with numerous networks and has the ability to work with various vendors on the client's behalf.
• Remote into endpoints using Kaseya.
Level II Requirements:
• Server configurations (RAID, OS installation, etc. Implementation and migration), rebuilds, troubleshooting and repair.
• Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2011 SBS, 2012, 2016 configuration and maintenance
DHCP, DNS, and Routing and Remote Access configuration.
• Ability to setup routers, VPNs, WAPs, and other network hardware.
• Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, and Office 365 implementation, configuration and maintenance.
• Firewall configuration and installation (Sonicwall, Netgear, etc.).
• Network design, implementation and management.
• Software installation and configuration (Office applications, third-party applications, SQL, etc.)
• ISP cutovers.
• Group policy management.
• Configure, monitor and maintain client backups.
• Monitoring of corporate antivirus/anti-malware systems (Malwarebytes, Webroot).
• Site to site VPN configuration.
• Working with virtual machines (VMware, Virtual Box, etc.)
If you are interested in a this position and you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers