wikiHow is seeking remote part-time writers to create article abstract summaries based on existing content for a variety of instructional topics. Hours are flexible, and you can make your own schedule, but we do ask article abstract writers to commit at least 8-12 hours per week.
The perfect candidate will be able to succinctly condense information, write beautifully, have an engaging and approachable style, and enjoy working across a wide range of subjects. Writers are expected to produce work that is free from grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors.
- Write and edit article abstracts for at least 1 Project per week, where 1 Project is defined as 40 wikiHow articles. In general, each Project should take between 8 and 12 hours, including revisions.
- Create friendly, 4-5 sentence article abstracts that include actionable, detailed tips to help the reader solve their problem
- Employ a conversational tone that shows empathy for readers' problems
- College degree, preferably in English, Creative Writing, or another writing-intensive field
- Ability to work at least 8-12 hours per week
- Eagerness for constructive feedback
- Ability to write clearly and engagingly about a wide variety of topics, with a focus on empathetic, easy-to-read content
- Motivation and drive to work independently
We will be reviewing and contacting applicants about next steps. You'll need to pass an initial editing test as part of our application process. If you pass our initial test, you will then have to complete a paid trial that can last up to one week. If the trial goes well, we'll move forward with hiring.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities