QR Code Link to This Post
Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
We are currently looking for a Production Clerk who is responsible for compiling all information required for the operations group to produce customer orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create job bags for all production jobs (pull & search for all color cards that should accompany each job bag)
- Cost/Price all job in GT
- Analyze jobs that are missing hour/material
- File all job bags and color cards
- File press and finishing retains
- Back up for material planning
- Ensure all plates are available for production
- Reorder plates as needed with plate vendor
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The minimum education required for this position is a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required or college degree preferred; 1-2 years of relevant customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong skills in math, data entry, and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy are required.
- Ability to learn Microsoft Office Suites, One Note, and FDC systems-Globe-tek and Shopping Cart. Demonstrate proficiency at a moderate level
- Ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group.
- Individual must also work independently and is occasionally expected to cooperate with co-workers in creating smooth flow.
- This position requires the associate to stand or sit for prolonged periods or may be required to lift and/ or move up to 25 lbs.