Welcome! Whether you are looking to advance your career in property management or are new to our industry, WRH offers a wide range of employment opportunities to people of varying educational and skill backgrounds. A spirit of cooperation and common purpose drives WRH team members. We support both individual and team contributions. At WRH, we are not only committed to making a difference, we look for ways to contribute. We take great pride in giving back to the community.
The MAINTENANCE MANAGER is responsible for the supervision and direction of the on-site maintenance team and for the upkeep, inventory, record/logs and repair of grounds, apartments and buildings of the property. The MAINTENANCE MANAGER is responsible with the Property Manager for achieving the budgeted NOI objectives approved by the Owner. This is achieved by staying within the established budget guidelines for both income and expenses each month throughout the year.
• Performs maintenance tasks personally and/or delegates to maintenance staff. Oversees and inspects work performed by the maintenance team;
• Institutes and manages a system for prioritizing/handling resident service requests and preventative maintenance. Ensures resident service requests are performed timely and with a professional attitude;
• Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible. Maintains EPA required Freon log, Pool log, Capital Inventory Log and other logbooks as required;
• Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws, EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants;
• Maintains constant awareness of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately corrects unsafe conditions;
• Creates a culture of safety. Instructs staff on proper use and guidelines for using personal protective equipment (PPE);
• Provides new maintenance employee orientation training;
• Maintains accurate records daily in the property management software system regarding preventive maintenance, service requests, expenditures, apartment make‐ready status, work‐in‐progress, etc.;
• Maintains organization of maintenance shop. Schedules maintenance staff to be available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
• Monitors and schedules all maintenance activities.
• Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials in the maintenance shop to handle most common repairs and situations.
• Must meet all physical requirements of the position.
• Must attain a minimum of 70% or greater on the Maintenance Manager Qualification Test.
• Position requires at least 3 years’ experience in property maintenance or equivalent field. Property Maintenance Craftsman (PMC) license [Duval County, Florida only], EPA Type II or Greater and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) license are required.
• Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) certification is preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• High School diploma or equivalent experience is required.
• Working knowledge of electrical systems, appliances, plumbing, carpentry, plastering, pool systems, drywall repair, painting, and HVAC.
• Must have a working smart phone suitable for use with various software applications.
• Minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule may change as required. Must be available for on-call emergencies and weekend work.
• Must enjoy outdoor work year round.
• Strong customer service skills and positive attitude a must.
• Basic knowledge of computers for checking company email and completing required training.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers