What is Buy with Opendoor?
QR Code Link to This Post
Buy with Opendoor is a service offered by Opendoor in select markets, including DFW. When buyers use Buy with Opendoor, they can easily search for and purchase any property on the MLS (in addition to Opendoor homes).
What is a Buying Agent?
Buying Agents play an important role in the Buy with Opendoor process, and are laser-focused on critical moments when an experienced professional is needed, such as offer negotiation, resolving escrow issues, etc. We're automating or simplifying the rest with a custom software platform and helping to define new practices for how homes are bought and sold. Never satisfied with the solutions of yesterday, we're always pushing ourselves to improve the experience for our clients.
As a Buy with Opendoor Buying Agent, you will assist buyers only when they are ready to make an offer on a home. You are the human element of the Buy with Opendoor service, guiding the buyer through the offer and closing process. Your job is to ensure that the transaction is completed smoothly, delivering expertise and guidance as needed in the context of the Buy with Opendoor platform and service.
How does it work?
- You’ll keep your license at your current brokerage. You can continue to build your own book of business and work with clients outside of the Buy with Opendoor network.
- We'll connect you with buyers when they're ready to make an offer on a specific property, and it's your job to get the offer submitted, accepted, and closed. Our system automatically handles buyer qualification and follow-up. Our philosophy is to serve, not sell, and we expect a similar ethos from our agents. The buyer's relationship is with the Buy with Opendoor service, and they may work with several team members, including yourself, as they research homes, schedule showings, and write offers.
Learn more about Buy with Opendoor:
- You’re Experienced. You have significant expertise in offers and transactions. Minimum 3 years experience as a practicing real estate agent with deep knowledge of your local market, purchase contracts, and the homebuying process. You've closed at least 10 transactions in the last year.
- You care. You pride yourself on your ability to get deals done, but you care deeply about the client's experience during the process. You are ready to jump in and solve any problem that may arise.
- You want to be part of the future. You understand that the real estate industry is changing, and that may mean new roles for agents, new compensation structures, and the ever-increasing role of technology. You're tech savvy; you live on your smartphone and can quickly incorporate new software tools and apps into your workflow.
- You're licensed and a Realtor. You have an active real estate license and you're a member of your local board of Realtors and MLS.
- You're already had some success. The Buy with Opendoor Buying Agent role is intended to start as an add-on to your existing business, so ideally you already have an active client base.
Learn More and Apply Here