Perform laboratory/quality functions by testing, collecting data, and analyzing findings on raw materials and finished products. Carry out special projects as needed. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, and Cost Objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under the Quality System.
QR Code Link to This Post
Summary of essential job functions:
· Testing of raw materials and finished product samples per in-house methods and procedures to meet specifications
· Adjusts properties of individual batches within formulation guidelines
· Perform routine and non-routine tasks accurately to support production and development research in a timely and reliable manner
· Perform a limited number of repetitive laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
· Interpret analytical data, with the ability to recognize the difference between normal and abnormal results
· Make appropriate recommendations, suggestions for improvement, or take appropriate corrective actions based on analytical data and sound judgment
· Complete all documentations of laboratory work associated with quality checks and Q.C. daily reports using laboratory worksheets/notebooks; documentation must be detailed, accurate, and meet established laboratory procedures
· Perform calibration, maintenance, and operation of lab instrumentation, including: electrical balance, pH meter, viscometer, and other basic laboratory equipment
· Collect production samples for retainer and shelf-life samples
· Filing, data entry, and ordering (entering production results in Excel, organization and filing MSDS and COA, ordering of lab materials as needed).
· Ability to research historical data when required and report findings
· Monitor and inspect production lines to ensure that quality and package integrity are in compliance with standards and specifications
· Place raw materials and finished product on hold if necessary
· Monitor sorting of hold products as needed for rework
· Set up production equipment and perform required daily calibration
· Order and inventory raw material to maintain supplies to avoid running out of materials needed to produce
· Utilize proper chemical handling procedures
· Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards
· Use safety equipment as required and follow all safety rules and regulations
· Follow all company policies and procedures
· Some college level course work in chemistry, biology, microbiology or a related field.
· Minimum of 2 yrs. of industry laboratory experience.
· Experience in industrial formulations and trouble shooting.
- paid weekly
- medical, dental and life insurance paid 100% completely by the company
- profit sharing plan
- paid holiday and vacations