compensation: $13 per hour. Vacation, sick time, SEP program. Hours are Sunday to Thursday with days off of Friday and Saturday. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
So you want to be work on a farm/ranch!
We are a small ranch with a total of 56 owned acres of land, that currently has about 3 acres available for production. I am looking for someone who wants to be a farmer and to expand the Organic permaculture practices that we are using on the property and assist the Ranch Manager on his days off with the care of the livestock. This would be a full time job with a lot of hard work. Hours would be Sunday through Thursday minimum 8 hours per day. 8:00 am - 4:30 pm during winter, 7:00-3:30 during summer.
Position is available beginning December 10, 2019
Job would consist of:
* Minimum two days per week of being the primary caretaker for all animals on the farm. Including feeding and caring for cows, horses, chickens, ducks, geese, pigs, dogs and cats. We would train you and yes it includes cleaning stalls, tagging animals, and other hands on activities.
* Small scale vegetable and fruit production, setting up beds, hoop houses, planting trees, propagating and caring for plants
* Implementing management systems that seasonal workers can be trained in
* Maintaining existing vegetable beds and adding additional at two farm locations
* Assisting with the implementation of rainwater collection systems
* Assisting with beef, chicken and pork production on a rotational grazing model when needed.
* Mowing, weedeating, weed pulling, brush removal, fence repair and other duties required to maintain the properties in good working condition as needed.
* Management of composting systems, including collecting animal and vegetable waste from farm to use in these systems. Yes, this means cleaning stalls that we then turn into compost for use in growing vegetables.
* Assisting with annual pecan harvest
* Assisting with management of hay pastures or hay distribution
* Assisting with any aspect of the farm, ranch or occasional assistance with onsite business/activities as needed
SEND A RESUME VIA CRAIGSLIST EMAIL
This is a paid position. $13 per hour, there will be occasional overtime.
Must pass a background and drug check.
Must be able to lift 50lbs routinely
Must be able to frequently bend and squat while working in barns and gardens
Must be able to handle extensive physical labor hoeing, raking etc.
Must be able to work in all types of weather
Must have valid Texas Driver's license with no moving violations for two years.
We are a non-smoking facility.
Onsite housing is possible - consists of a private room, shared restroom, laundry and kitchen facilities.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers