Bought new in April for $530, wore a few motos, 2 hours on boots is my guess. Not even broken in. Boots don’t fit, Should have returned them but they are so nice I wanted them to work.
The Gaerne SG-12 Boot is the flagship in Gaerne's offroad lineup, sporting some of the best protection available and a race-winning design that's proven itself time and again by pros and amateurs everywhere.
Design details of the SG-12 begin with an anatomically designed shin plate that is adjustable for larger calves and knee braces. The larger opening is sealed by a stretchable Acronos fabric gaiter for a tight barrier against water and debris. A large layout of impact-resistant TPU runs around the boot and connects with the "Razorback" support strut that extends up the rear of the boot.
This "Razorback" strut is the backbone of the SG-12’s dual-pivoting glide plate design, giving you excellent range of motion with joints that glide and shift instead of simply rotate. This keeps your ankle in its natural orientation while bending, making the boot move according to your foot, not the other way around.
The medial side of the boot is covered by the full-length grip guard that supplies huge amounts of traction while still resisting heat coming off your bike. Wrap the SG12 up with a solid set of alloy buckles and a memory cell foam lining, and you’ve got serious protection with a comfortable, locked-in feel that's unique to your foot.
The Dual Stage Pivot System is a revolutionary new system exclusive to Gaerne. The first pivot is attached to the "Wishbone" and provides a rigid component that offers a strong lateral support while a glide-plate keeps the upper in a firm and upright position. The second pivot is fixed on a sliding glide that allows the riders foot to feel natural while on the peg in a shifting or breaking situation; however, it will "bottom out" and absorb shock in the case of over-jumping a jump or in the case of unwanted compression.
• Stretchable Acronos fabric gaiter.
• Shock absorbing heel cup.
• Adjustable size opening shin-plate.
• Set of four robust alloy buckles.
• Anti-shock, dual-compound sole.
• Memory cell foam inner-lining.
• Removable dual-density insole.
• High wear components are replaceable.
• Low profile stitched sole.
• Supportive "Razorback" strut.
• Full-length, heat-resistant grip guard.
• Dual-pivoting glide plate hinge system.
• Redesigned stainless toe cap.
• Low profile reinforced toe box.
• Supercross Shank: This is the best shank money can buy-lighter, stronger.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers