compensation: $12/hour to start. $14 at the beginning of 2020. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
I need a legal-assistant (part-time) to help in my one-attorney law office. My present assistant will train until she leaves at the beginning of next year. At that point, you would be my only assistant.
It's important that you are very dependable, proactive in handling issues, have a positive no-excuse attitude, and are willing to accept any additional responsibility.
About My Firm:
1. One-attorney 20-year criminal defense firm that represents clients in the DFW area.
2. 80 per cent of our clients are Hispanic.
3. We fight all criminal charges from DWI to murder.
4. Looking for a person who can grow with my firm.
About the Position:
Need someone who will
1. Transcribe video interrogations and interviews that are in Spanish to English,
2. Communicate with clients about court dates, progress of case, and payments.
3. Handle billing and bills,
4. Communicate with courts
5. Organize the office, calendar, files, etc.
6. Who can take direction from both my present assistant and me.
1. Superb bilingual (English/Spanish) skills including writing, speaking and translating.
2. Very organized. Can be creative in organizing the office and its processes
3. Detailed oriented
4. Excellent English writing skills
5. Can work and be responsible without a lot of supervision
7. Enjoy helping people
8. Can handle high stress situations
9. Reliable transportation
About 20-25 hours a week. Could increase in 2020 when my present assistant leaves.
I enjoy my job. We get to help people during some of their most stressful times.