QR Code Link to This Post
Volt Workforce Solutions is looking to identify Distribution Leads to work for a distribution center in the city of Roanoke, TX.
The chosen candidate will work under the general direction of the Distribution Supervisor, providing leadership and direction to support receiving and distribution operations. He/she will work closely with Distribution Management, Traffic, Supply Chain, and Sales to carry out warehouse, receiving and shipping functions in a manner that meets or exceeds planned goals.
Coordinate and Lead Distribution Activities
- Provides daily/weekly balancing of skilled labor across the warehouse, receiving and shipping activities
- Oversees material handlers in achieving department and site performance objectives that include safety, cost, service, quality, and efficiency
- Conveys relevant information to Supervisors, Manager and other employees regarding safety, quality, customer-service, productivity, and throughput etc.
- Communicates issues and resolution options to Distribution Management, to ensure a seamless operation and transfer of information
- Assist in achieving daily, weekly, monthly and annual objectives as determined by management
- Provides on the job training and oversight to temporary workers
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making
- Lift-truck certification
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in MS word, excel, SAP experience helpful.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum three years of warehouse experience required
- Proficient with SAP transactions
- Continuous Improvement training or equivalent involvement in CIT’s
Please submit your resume for an immediate consideration.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer!