I don't get the whole reparations thing? Black people want who to pay them for slavery?
- What if my ancestors arrived in this country after the Civil War ended?
- What if my ancestors never owned slaves?
- What if my ancestors lived in a non-slave state?
- What if my ancestors owned slaves, yet lost their plantations and all their wealth during the war?
- What if my ancestors fought for the North?
- What if my ancestors are black and owned slaves?
So, is the idea the only people who will pay are white people whose ancestors owned slaves? Now, what if my ancestors owned 10 slaves and yours owned 100? Will you pay more than me? That's how our tax system works, people who do nothing pay nothing, people who are successful pay the most?
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers