Grant Writing Manager - Grant Division
We are looking for a detail-oriented Grant Writing Manager to join our Grants division helping Fire departments submit grant applications to do their jobs safely and effectively. The mission of our Grants team is to provide members of the public safety and local government community with a comprehensive resource for grant information and assistance. Working with some of the leading grant experts in the country, our grant assistance programs have helped fund over $150 Million in reported funding.
The ideal Grant Writing Manager will be someone experienced with grant application assembly, writing, editing and management for fire and ems departments. We are looking for someone that can work effectively, learn quickly and make an impact at our company! Is that person you? We hope so!
- 2 - 5 years' experience as a grant project manager, writer or researcher
- Experience with federal, state and foundation grant proposals
- Working knowledge of federal grant requirements
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills with a strong command of the English language
- Experience working for or with one or more of the following: Fire, EMS, Police, Education, Government, Corrections, Security, healthcare and nonprofits.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word and MS Excel, as well as electronic proposal submission methods and systems
- Basic grant research skills including familiarity and use of private/public grant search engines
- Minimum Experience: 3 years' experience as a grant writer, reviewer, and/or editor with hands-on proposal management and/or grant writing experience
- Contracted Grant Writing Project Management for the AFG suite of grants - AFG, SAFER and FP&S
- Reviews and edits of grant applications as well as narrative statements
- Coordination with grant writers, application assemblers and clients to ensure on time delivery to fulfill contracted grant writing projects
- Grant Training for the Grant Division
- Self-starter and able to work well both independently and in a team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- People oriented with a strong phone presence and a positive attitude
- Hard working, organized and desire to work within a team environment
- Highly motivated, outgoing, and energetic with a professional demeanor
- A willingness to help others and have fun all at the same time!
- A Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, Political Science, English, Sociology, or a related discipline, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
- Located in Plano TX
- Full-time salary position with bonus opportunities.
- Company option plan and benefits, including health care, dental, retirement, and paid time off
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter with salary requirements outlining why you are interested in the position.
Praetorian Digital is the leading digital media company in the public safety and local government markets.Our online properties are visited by more than 5 million first responders and local government professionals every month. In addition to our online media properties, we provide a grant assistance service for first responders through our websites PoliceGrantsHelp, FireGrantsHelp, EMSGrantsHelp as well as the local government space through GovGrantsHelp and our recently launched EducationGrantsHelp. Combined, these services empower public safety and local government professionals with information and resources about the latest funding opportunities to help their communities.