How can I help?
We utilize our volunteers to help the instructor ensure the safety, stability and focus of the rider during each hour lesson.
• Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older.
• Must be physically/mentally fit:
o Able to walk alongside an equestrians and horse for minimum 1 hour.
o to walk in a dirt arena and on an outside trail area
o able to clearly communicate with equestrians, staff, and volunteers, especially in an emergency.
• Commit to volunteer for approximately 1.5-2 hours a week minimum.
• We offer lessons Monday-Thursday morning-afternoon- and evening through 7:30 p.m. most days. Saturday lessons are morning and afternoon, finishing around 2:00
• NO HORSE experience required!
How does it work?
Our equestrians and volunteers attend an hour lesson on the same day and time every week. This helps us to provide consistency for all involved. There are typically 4 equestrians in each lesson, and some equestrians require up to 3 volunteers.
• We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of 3 months.
• Each volunteer is asked to assist equestrians however they may need during lessons, assist with arena activities, cleaning the barn/stalls, mounting and dismounting etc.
• All volunteers are eligible to work directly with the horses helping to groom and tack after they are trained to do so.
• All new volunteers are trained as a side walker and walk along side of the equestrian and horse to assist the rider when necessary during the lesson.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers